If you are running an eCommerce store on Shopify, it’s time to update to Shopify 2.0 as soon as possible.
The new Shopify 2.0 is packed with a range of useful features that can help your business grow – but only if you have updated by now.
However, updating your Shopify store may seem like daunting task for some store owners.
We get it. Not everyone is tech-savvy, or has a in-house developer – it can feel just a little overwhelming try to manage it all yourself!
The good news is we can help you update your Shopify store to version 2.0 – whether it’s upgrading your existing Theme to 2.0 OR starting with a fresh new 2.0 Theme.
Either way, moving forward, your store will look better, load faster and be easier to update and manage!
Have you ever looked at your Shopify store and thought, “This definitely could be better.”
We’d probably agree you 😉
The design of your store is a big part of how customers perceive your brand. High-quality, eye-catching websites are one of the first things potential customers see when they start to research various brands and products.
In fact, a recent survey showed that 94% of website visitors say that a company’s website is important in influencing their buying decision.
A strong first impression can make all the difference between someone simply reading about your brand or them immediately adding it to their shopping cart so they can add more of your merchandise to their cart later.
So what does that mean for you? Well, updating your store to Shopify 2.0 might be just what you need to take it from good to great! Let’s take a closer look at why…
So what’s NEW in Shopify 2.0?
There’s a lot of new features and functionality!
Keep in mind that these changes aren’t just cosmetic. They are designed to improve the overall online shopping experience for customers and give you more tools to help you attract new clients and increase your sales. Here’s a quick look at what you can expect from the new Shopify 2.0 design:
- Customisable home page – add, rearrange, or remove sections to create your page layout.
- Customisable Sections on ALL pages – (technically on “most” pages) – you can now add, rearrange, or remove sections and blocks to create unique page layouts.
- Enhanced search engine optimisation – every aspect of Shopify has been optimized for search engine ranking, making it easier for potential customers to find your products.
- Enhanced marketing tools for shops – Shopify has added a few new features that let you easily promote your products across social media and your website, increasing your chances of more sales.
Sections are everywhere (YAY!)
A section is what creates your page – you’ll know of these if you’ve ever gone in to edit your home page. Whether it’s a banner, a featured product or collection or simply blocks of text; each of these sections in Shopify mean you can build your home page and move the Sections around without the need to code.
Up until the Shopify 2.0 launch, you could only use these Sections on your home page. Every other page would be a simple text post (like a blog) sitting within the same Page template – boringgggg! OR you need to use a custom page builder, app or asked a developer to code it – which is time consuming, requires a developer and a designer and therefore is quite costly.
With Shopify 2.0, sections are EVERYWHERE!
You can easily create new Page templates within the Theme Editor using the visual builder – essentially removing the need for development time, and minimising designer time.
This all changes with the new Shopify 2.0 which means sections can now be used on any page across your entire site.
It’s just a better customer experience
Beyond just giving your store a fresh new look, Shopify 2.0 has been engineered from the ground up to create a better customer experience for your clients.
This includes things like enhanced search engine optimization that lets more people find your products, a new live chat feature where you can easily answer questions about your products, and an intuitive checkout process that ensures customers don’t experience any issues when completing their purchase.
If you’re worried that upgrading to Shopify 2.0 might cause problems for your clients, there’s no need to fret. Shopify has taken a lot of care to ensure that people who have been using Shopify 1.0 will be able to easily transition to the new platform. They’ve also done their best to maintain the same level of security and privacy that existed in 1.0, so there is no reason to avoid the update.
Plus, it’s got enhanced marketing tools
If you’re a Shopify merchant, there’s no denying that you want to attract as many new customers as possible to your store. To help you, Shopify has included a few new features that let you easily promote your products across social media, email, and more. These include new options like:
- A new personalised marketing campaign builder that lets you promote products to specific audiences based on their purchase history.
- A built-in click-to-download feature that lets you easily add e-book or white paper links to your product pages.
- A new landing page builder that lets you create and host attractive landing pages for marketing campaigns.
- A variety of new templates that make it easy to put together well-designed landing pages and pages for your products.
- A new Shopify email tool that lets you send automated emails to customers based on specific actions they have taken in your store.
- Multiple channels that let you easily add products to your social media accounts.
Sounds good, right?!
Better, it’s GREAT. So you can create an excellent first impression on your audience.
The new Shopify 2.0 will help you achieve all of these goals by offering a fresh new look, smooth transitions between devices, and a number of other features. With its new design, Shopify 2.0 offers a more streamlined experience that makes browsing products easier and lets you promote them more effectively.
If you’re ready for an upgrade, there’s never been a better time to update your Shopify store to version 2.0!
Reach out to us today to find out how we can help 🙂